Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Pics of the MTC!

Woo-hoo!! We got our first pictures from the MTC today (Saturday, August 22, 2009)! Here they are, everyone:

On the back of this one, he says: "My companion is always studying! What's up with that?"

Picture 2:


Caption: "Yes, quite an unfortunate sunspot. Makes me look like a pirate."
And, #3:



This is the Ridger's zone at the MTC. I love it that he labeled all of the members. On the back of the photo, he gives each name, where they are from, who is companions with whom, where they are going, and the fact that two of the Elders in this photo have identical twins who are also in the MTC right now.
Some of my favorite excerpts from his latest letter:
"Sorry for the food stains on this letter. I am writing it during dinner. P-day ends in 15 minutes and I am not supposed to write after this. . . Mom, to assure you, I have gained 5 pounds since I have been here. The food is so amazing! Some ppl complain, but I haven't had a bad meal since I have been here." Moms LOVE to hear this, by the way.
He had to have some additional immunizations this past week. His letters and emails have been so amazing to read. He is excited about his mission, about teaching the Gospel, and about the fact that he has now taught the entire first and second discussions in Spanish.
Ridge's enthusiasm just spills of the pages of his letters. We are so blessed to have a wonderful missionary in the field. He is scheduled to fly out to Guatemala's MTC on the 24th or 25th. I'll post again when I know for sure. His address at the MTC down there is:
Guatemala MTC
Bulevar Vista Hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
01015 Guatemala
Guatemala
We have also been using dearelder.com to write letters. It's really convenient. You can put a little money in an account you set up and they will mail the letters for you. I'm sure that Ridge would want me to tell you that you can also send care packages through the website - lol!
He loves to get letters, so write away!






No comments:

Post a Comment